Monday, May 31, 2010

Did you say Drunken Sailors?

You remember my home girl that I told you all about few weeks ago? Let's call her Suzy for privacy reasons. Well we had been planing to go out all week. Even though I was tired as Hell. I wasn't going to cancel. So I took a power nap and got ready for a night in China Town. She warned me not to eat, because she was going to take me to a cool spot for food. I didn't listen to her though. I was so hungry and I still hadn't made a dent in the pizza that I had cooked; so I heated up a nice big slice. I figured by the time we would eat I would be hungry again. I took the pizza out the oven and put it on a dish. Dish in hand; I walked over to turn the air conditioner on. I don't know what I did, but my big slice of pizza fell straight to the floor. I was too salty. I guess that's what I get for not listening.

Once I got to China town I was truly amazed. This is a place that I need to try to visit at least twice a month. As soon as I got off the train, I was drawn to the shops on the street. I hadn't even made it 1/4 of the way down the block, and I had already gone into five different shops. *Personal Note* Always bring cash when you go to China Town. A lot of places don't except credit or debit.

After bargaining and shopping; Suzy and I went to a local Chinese spot that was decorated with dollar bills. The food was really cheap and pretty good. The only thing that I would complain about was the size of the restroom. It was extremely tight. If I had sat down my knees would NOT have been touching the wall as so much on top of the wall. I think it was meant for a man to go in there and stand up.

Okay, I admit I'm addicted to Karaoke and the weird thing is I didn't care for it several years ago. Something changed. I realized you just have to enjoy your self rather you sound good or bad. After eating We decide to go to a Karaoke bar. It is known that Daisuke Inoue invented the first karaoke machine. The way Asians do Karaoke is totally different than how Americans do it. Half of the time you cant hear yourself, so your screaming your song in the mic. Least to say I will not be karaokeing Asian style no time soon. Even though I didn't like the karaoke spot we went to; I did meet some really cool people. It really is a small world after all. I met a lady that was from Champagne Urbana. She complemented me on my nail polish, so I whip it out my bag and did her nails at the bar. She and her friend was so impressed they bought me a drink. Her friend, was from Michigan. He had me cracking up all night. He had a load of men on his phone, and all of the pictures were from the neck down!
"you know what I mean Vern?"
There was another guy sitting next to us at the bar. He told us he couldn't sing. He offered to pay for our songs so he could hear us sing. That was nice of him and we gladly accepted. We had a ball, but now I was horsed and getting tired. You all know my "yawn rule", so it was time for me to go. We said our good bye and on the subway I went.

At first I thought I was going to have the car to myself, but right before the door closed a lady ran in. She begin to talk to me right away. Her name was Elizabeth. She had just gotten back from a date at Coney Island. Strangely, people don't know me, but they all ways want to share their personal thoughts with me. I think I should have became a psychiatrist. Elizabeth informed me that she was 46yrs and she had stopped getting her period this much. TMI I know! She then told me that this sadden her because she wanted children and now she wouldn't be able to have any. I tried to make her feel better by telling her it could be a fluke. Sometimes your body just acts abnormal and then gets back on tract. Plus if she was done ovulating; she could always adopt, or go through other drastic measures. She then told me she didn't have the money for that. She said she felt guilty because she had had four abortions by four different men! She ended the conversation by inviting me to a birthday party that was taking place the next day. Needless to say, I didn't go. I got so caught off guard listening to her story I almost missed my stop. Thank God she told me my stop had come up right before the doors closed again.

The next night Suzy and I went to Karaoke again. This time at one of my favorite spots. Mr. Biggs located in the Time Square Area. As I told you before, this was Fleet Week. Sailors from around the world docking there ships in NYC for a week. Running around in their uniforms looking sexy as hell! If you want more details about fleet week you can look it up. We ended up sharing a table with five sailors who were all Philippine. They were friendly and three of them could sing. We joked, drank, sung, and danced the night away. I backed it up on one of them and he had to take a smoke afterwards. You know their on the sea months at a time with no women in sight...but with that you still have to be careful because it is rumored that a lot of sailors are gay...

There were soo many good singers there that night along with a few bad one. Okay. I have to paint the picture for you guys. There was an obese, Caucasian, woman; wearing glasses and some funny, looking, black shoes. She was dressed more for an church picnic then a night out. She got on the mic and sung a song I haven't heard since my freshmen year of college. I didn't like it then, but it was hilarious watching and hearing her sing it now.
"Pussy Control" Is what she sung! When she hit those high notes you almost fell out of your chair. I mean everybody in the place was looking all together crazy at this chic! Anyhow the sailors have a 2AM curfew and if you break it, you wont be able to leave the ship the next day. Furthermore we said our good byes and went our separated way, but not before they invited us to go on their ship Memorial Day.

Suzy was so drunk we had to walk arm and arm. I know most people thought we were lesbos. That usually the case now a days when you see the same sex walking like that. Oh well. We know better. We went to a pizza restaurant. After drinking I always want to eat, besides some food would help lighten the buzz. The place we went to had .99 cheese slices, and they were soo tasty! Then again every thing taste great when you have enough drinks in you. We each had three slices. Every time we finished one slice; I went back up to the counter to order another. As I got up the second time, I noticed two men from a different country were talking about me in another language. One kept pointing at my breast. Then he came over to me and spoke in English. He said "Fake?", pointing at my double D's. "No" I told him "Real." He kept insisting they were fake. Finally I touched them and said "See how they move?, Softtt. NOT Harddd. They're real!" "OO!" he said "Yes, REAL", Then he smiled at me and left me alone. His friend approached me and apologized for his Conrad's behavior. By the third time I got up to get another slice;the server looked at me as if he were saying "you pig". The pies were leaving quick every minute he was pulling out a fresh pie from the oven. Too bad I cant remember the name of the restaurant because its a great place to go after partying. Specially with them being open extremely late .

Until next time;-)

1 comment: