Tuesday, June 8, 2010

So Many PSYCHOS You Have to PRAY

So much stuff happened through out the week. I almost didn't want to budge when the weekend approached. As a matter fact I spent most of the weekend catching up on sleep. I think I'm aging. Hold on to your hats, and please tell me what you think about my pass week.

As I was walking to the subway. I noticed on the side of me was a plus sized, African American, woman holding the hand of her young daughter. The little girl looked around five years old and was cute as a button. The mother on the other hand had on black leggings with gold trim a black shirt and gold accessories. She thought she was doing it big, and she might have been. If her bright red underwear wasn't showing through her leggings!

"NOT AGAIN!" I thought to myself. What is this? Why are these women not doing the skin test before they purchase their leggings? They are called leggings because there meant to cover up the leg.
If your going to be wearing a shirt that does not cover your behind, you have to do the skin test! I can not make this any more clear! Most of the leggings are manufactured in China or somewhere of that nature. They probably have much more petite bodies in mind when they are making these leggings. No offense, but how many Asian people do you see with curvy hips, thunder thighs and rump for weeks? (I think I just described myself.) Seriously, if you are a plus size person trying to squeeze in some regular sized leggings. You are going to stretch the fabric more than it is meant to be, and that can lead to trouble in more ways than one. If you pay attention. Some of the labels don't even read
"One size fits all" anymore. It says "One size fits most!" Get plus size leggings. Sure they may cost more, but it may save you some embarrassment in the long run. Don't get me wrong. You still have to do the skin test. Trust me. There are leggings that come in solid, non see through, cotton with a hint of spandex material. Please, Please be aware of colors. Don't be fooled. Just because the color is bright or dark doesn't mean you cant see through them!

Now I have a choice. I can say something to the woman or keep on my marry way. I decide not to say anything, until I notice we were both getting on the same elevator to go to the subway platform. We were the only ones on the elevator. So I asked her. "Do you know your underwear are showing through your leggings? You can see right through them. You have on red underwear. I don't know if you wanted it that way or not. I'm not from here, so I don't know if that's the style here in New York, because I saw another girl do the same thing." She was quite embarrassed. She told me she didn't know her underwear was showing. Then she tried to pull her shirt down. She thanked me for telling her. I don't think I'm going to tell anyone else about their drawers showing. I don't like being the barrier of bad news. Big or small, just be careful when choosing your leggings. Trust me we all can see!

Now on the subway, wishing I had left a little bit earlier. I hate being late. There is a light skinned man sitting catty corner across from me. He sort of reminds me of my boss, but not as manly. There is a short, Carmel complected, man standing by the doors of the subway car. I don't know why people choose to stand when there are plenty of seats available. You should enjoy the seats why you can are my thoughts, but it's his feet and choice. It's pretty quiet besides the sound of the subway cars going over the tracks. The train has made three stops and yet our car isn't filled with people.
I think to myself "I like rides like these." That's when the back door to our car opened.

I don't think I have to inform my readers, that it is illegal to pass from one subway car to another why the train is in motion. I hate that. I don't know why people put their life in danger by doing so. Yet there he was. A skinny, homeless, broke down, tall, dusty, black man, with one eye open, and the other one slightly closed coming through our car. His clothes were filthy. Oddly enough he had on a tie. It wasn't tied. It was just hanging on his neck like a scarf. He held out an empty soda can in his hand, as he started walking down the isle asking people for donations. The train began to speed up and the cars rocked back and forth. The homeless man is now by me with his can. It looked as if he was going to fall directly into my lap. I could feel my eyes grow big and my face begin to frown up something horrible. The homeless guy grabs on to the railing to catch his balance. Once he regained his stance, he passed me and went into the next car.

"Whew, My God.." I would have been too through if that dirty man would have landed in my lap. I could see the man through the windows in the other car. Walking down the isle with his bottle asking for more donations. After a couple of seconds he takes a seat but with in 30seconds he is back in my car.
"Lawd help!" The homeless man is now sitting right next to the light skinned guy I described earlier. We look at each other in silence. Next thing I know. The homeless guy pulls something out of his jacket pocket. I don't know what it is, but something is catching my eye. I look over at the homeless man. He's holding a huge pair of scissors. I watch him examine the scissors in his hands. I promise he looked like he was trying to decide what, or who he wanted to cut first. I was so frightened. My mind begin to race all over the place. Maybe he was going to make alterations to his untied tie? "Be serious" I told myself. This guy is about to go Hannibal Lector on the train. Maybe I should have tried to smile at him instead of frown, but that probably would have still gotten me in trouble.

The man standing by the doors tried not to pay the homeless guy any attention. The guy that was sitting catty corner across from me must have felt the same way I did. He got up and moved to the other end of our subway car, and there I was. STUCK! I didn't want to make any quick movements. That might set him off. Should I reach in my purse, and pull out my mace? Should I yell? I just started praying in my head. "Dear GOD please let me make it to the next stop so I can get off this train. Please don't let this crazy man hurt me! AMEN"

Praise God. I'm still here!!!! I got off at the next stop and hoped right back on the train before the doors could close. I ended up sitting across from the same light skinned dude that had moved from his seat earlier. Before the door could close again, we both saw the homeless man get off the train. We just looked at each other in relief and took one big sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment