Saturday, June 12, 2010

Nails....Toes..?

I have so much to tell my readers and it's going to take about three different post to tell it all so please get ready.
It was 15 minutes after 8P.M. and I had already been turned away from two nails salons. Even though they had customers in their shop they were not excepting anymore business for the day. I usually do my own manicure and pedicure, but you can get it done for soo cheap here. I figure, I will spoil myself and get them done.

What's the use of having Internet on your phone if you not going to use it; so I googled the nearest nail shop closet to me. I called two of them and they didn't even answer the phone. Then I found one that was only five minutes away, and they were still excepting customers up till 9:30pm. OK. Great! I was saved from being one of the ladies with busted feet. You know the ones that have the nerve to have on a cute sandal, which draws attention to the busted foot!

The salon was packed inside. I told the man that I needed my nails and toes done. He told me okay. There were two ladies ahead of me, so I patiently waited my turn to get my pedicure done. I don't know why they didn't do my nails while I was waiting for a spot to open up for toes. I reminded the man again that I wanted my nails done also, and he shook his head yes.

I looked over to my left and a lady was getting a pedicure and here nails done at the same time. That's when I was prompted to ask the woman doing my feet when were they going to start on my nails. She looked at me in puzzlement. She then asked the man that I had spoken to earlier about my hands. He must have forgotten to tell the other workers. He agreed with me that I had come there for toes and nails. So they had to do my hands to. The man that did my hands gave me a look that said"Damn!, I ain't getting out of here on time", but I tipped him well.

By the time the man had gotten to my nails, there were only four customers left in the shop. After 30minutes passed I was the only customer left in the shop. I don't know how this happen since there was a lady that started getting her feet done when I was getting mine finish and yet there I was the only customer in the salon. All the workers except the one doing my nails were leaving. The only people left were the owners of the store, a husband and wife team along with their teenage son.

The husband and son walked out the shop to go across the street to the deli. A few minutes passed and a young black lady came in the shop begging to use the bathroom. She lied and said that she had just been in the shop. The Asian woman didn't want to let her go to the bathroom because the shop was closed. Besides the restrooms were in the back of the shop. The girl kept begging the lady. She even told the lady that she would leave her purse upfront with her. The owner gave in and let her use the bath room. When the owners husband walked back in the shop, the wife completely lost it. Out of no where she stared yelling and then she through a big thing of keys on the ground. I don't know if she was trying to hit him with them, but she kept throwing these loud keys and she was cussing him out in her language. The girl came out of the bathroom and practically ran out of the shop. The wife fussed and cussed at her husband till she made herself cry. I didn't think Asian women even talked backed to their spouses. I guess she showed me. The weird thing is I don't know what language she was speaking for sure, but I understood everything she was saying.

Sitting with my nails under the dryer, I wondered why I had to be the one to experience this spectacle. Ten minutes passed and the wife starts up again. This time the husband argues back and he has a tone that shuts her down. Three minutes pass and she starts screaming and crying, and honestly I thought she was going to shoot us all. At first I thought maybe the owner was PMS'n. PMS can cause a women to loose touch with reality and snapped off. Subsequently as I looked deeper; I realized there had to be a bigger reason for all the arguing. Tell me what you think.

The wife was pissed at her husband for leaving the door to the shop unlock because the nail salon was closed. This shop only excepts cash as payment. It is very possible that they had been robbed before. Hence the reason why you have to be buzzed in and out of the shop when the door is locked. So when the husband didn't lock the door, he was defeating the whole purpose of having the security. The girl walking in the shop probably brought back horrible memories of the robbing or what ever went down in the shop before, or it could have just been PMS. Either way it goes, I was too happy to leave that shop at 11P.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment