Monday, May 10, 2010

Vudu Lounge

PMS ain't no joke! I got invited to four different parties for Friday night and decided not to go to any nan one of them. However I did go out Saturday to the Vudu Lounge and had and awesome time. Met some new people and had some great drinks. Actually I had too many drinks. My head was hurting before I got home. Red wine and Gin do NOT mix, but that Tom Collins taste soo good. I couldn't resist!

Anyhow, you know me. I came to dance the night away. I even remembered to bring a backup pair of shoes. Which brings me to discuss the high heel situation in New York City. I am noticing that a lot of females aren't wearing stilettos or even platforms at the club. They have on flats, Ballet flats, dress flats, plain flats. Don't get me wrong. You do a lot of walking in NYC if you don't have a vehicle. I've lost 12 pounds since I moved here. There for I definitely understand why they do it, but it's weird. I thought NYC was one of the main cities known for its fashion and definitely for the women rocking the shoes. Surely some of you watch
Sex and the City. So whats really going on? Why am I one of the few show casing the stilettos, and praying that I don't get hammer toes? I'm still going to wear my heels. Shoot that's part of my divaness, but you better believe when the time is right the backup pair is coming out of the bag! With that said I kicked off the dancing; which wasn't hard because the DJ was slamming. I looked up at the booth, and was shocked to find a female DJ spinning. She was on point. Every time I went to sit down, I had to get right back up to dance. I wish you (my readers) could have been there.

Now you know there are always at least two people on the dance floor jamming. The only problem is one of those people can dance and the other, well they really can not. It's usually a male, but this time it was a lady. I was actually introduced to this lady at the bar. Her name will remain anonymous. I remember she was drinking red wine, and screw driver. Consequently if you can not dance, drinking a mixture like that will not help you. When she saw me move to the dance floor it was all she wrote. I think she was just waiting for someone to get the party started.

She got her groove on with some of the finest men in there, and she wasn't cute. She just didn't care. Mad props go out to her. Seriously she danced and moved like she had two broke legs and I am not exaggerating in the least! I am starting to think maybe something was wrong with her legs.. It was a sight to see. I don't think I've ever seen such horrible dancing in my life! She had some serious confidence. I will give her that. She was kicking, twisting, and high stepping, etc... LMAO. It was a HOT MESS! Oh My Gosh. I really don't think you understand. It was like someone had lit a seal on fire! I'll leave it to your imagination...

No comments:

Post a Comment