Sunday, May 16, 2010

Art, Karaoke and DON'T for get the Shoes

I attended an upscale art exhibit event this Saturday. I put on my little black dressed and some cute little ballet flats and put the stilettos in my purse. Well least to say I got lost. The street I was looking for ended as soon as it started sending me, as well as quite a few others on a wild goose chase. I found the location for the event after being lost for over 15 minutes. I thanked GOD for giving me the common sense to wear flats. I did so much walking that I never did put my heels on that night.

I ran into some ladies in the bathroom and we begin talking about shoes. I told them that I thought the women of NYC were all about the shoes. They told me last year they were, but things are changing. More women are going for comfort as far as the feet are concern. One lady told me she did have here shoes on when she first got there, but after ten minutes she took them off. That's when we begin comparing who had the cutest heels off, pulling them out of our bags and showing them off. Of course I won! Although it was an upscale event more than 80% of the women had on flats. The whole event reminded me of various movies I've seen. Where there are different types of people at an art viewing. They are drinking and cackling to each other about what the art work says to them, and no ones really knows who the other is. Well that's exactly what this was. I always wanted to got to an event like this. I actually had a very nice time mingling with strangers, and enjoying different wines paired with chocolate and cheeses.

The event was coming to an end, and I wasn't ready to go home. After five glasses of wine, I had tons of energy. So I suggested to a couple that I had just met that night that we go to a karaoke bar. Pretty soon I was inviting everyone that crossed my path. The next thing I knew we had a group of 15 people going to karaoke, and we had a blast! I sung two songs. One by Brandy and another by Mary J. Blige. I haven't done karaoke in over three years and I wasn't sure how I would do. I guess I wasn't half bad because a few people stopped by my table to tell me they enjoyed my singing. Anyhow after I singing and drinking, and drinking and singing, we all ordered some food. I had only taken one little bite when I dropped my hot wing on my lap and then to the floor. You don't know how bad I wanted to pick it up. I usually don't have butter fingers when it comes to my food, and after three attempt of the straw missing my mouth and hitting my cheek I knew I was tipsy. Yep! It was time to order a water. "Waitress"!

It was after 1 A.M. when the yawning begin to set in. My rule is once you yawn more than two times at a night spot it time to take your tail home. So we all begin to part and say our fare wells. That is until the waitress came back to our table because somebody or bodies had skipped out on paying their part of the bill! Lawd help. All I have to say about that is I paid for my drink and paid for my portion of the wings that I shared with some one else. Other than that I wasn't too much concern because I knew I was NOT about to pay for what I didn't drink or eat. Some guy that was from Denmark picked up the rest of the bill. Consequently I think it was his friend, and another guy that left him hanging. I say this because they both left at the same time, which was before everyone else. Plus they order multiple drinks and three entrees, which was about the total of the shortage of the balance due on the bill. Oh well not my problem! Let that be a lesson to get separate checks or pay for your own order upfront.

Now I'm on the subway. I am tired and cant wait to get safely inside my apartment. I don't know why men just have to sit with their legs wide open. I try not to look, but I can't help myself. You guys know what I'm talking about.....Yes I'm staring at men crotches on the train! I think because it is at eye level when your looking down and not in the person face. I've seen all different shapes and sizes. Makes you wonder whats really in there. Hmmm...Is that bad? I mean when you think about it men stare at women's breast all the time. This kind of makes it even. Doesn't it?

My stop has come up. I get off, and I notice this Hispanic couple walking in front of me. The guy is dressed casual. The woman was dressed like a hoochie, but she did have on some slamming heels. The shoes were bright and multi colored with a life like material on the side. It looked like a flower or a bow. It was after 2am and dark so I cant be for sure. As they are walking the lady slips twice in her shoes. She then starts walking on the inside of her feet. This is when I notice her dogs must be killing her. Next thing I know she yelling at him saying "NO". She then pushes him to the side and takes her very fashionable stilettos off. He gets made at her and says something to her in Spanish. I assume it's about her walking in her stalking feet on the cement. You guys know you cant be walking like that in NYC. I don't care how bad your feet hurt. As I walk pass the couple I suggested to him that he should just give her a piggy back ride. She looks at me in agreement. Then I told her my heels are in my purse, and next time she should bring a back up pair and keep them in her purse. He tells me that he told her to do that. I don't know if he really suggested this to her or not, since she was looking at me like "Damn, why didn't I think of that?"

What I do know, is that we women through to dag on much to maintain our sexiness and guys can look sexy in tennis shoes and a white-T. Whats really going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment