Sunday, May 16, 2010

Elevators and Subways

Somebody tell me, why is it when your looking your ugliest is when you see the cutest opposite sex. I literally looked like I had just rolled out of the bed. I had to go down to the first floor to pick up something. I would have taken the steps back up, but who wants to walk up 14 flights. I knew there were people getting on to the elevator because I could hear them. Something told me to wait for the next one, but I didn't listen. There he was: Tall, dark and handsome. Subsequently, there I was: hair not done and in some PJ bottoms. OMG! Why me? Why now? He should have been in the elevator yesterday when I was stopping traffic. Dang! Oh well, wasn't meant to be. He spoke to the other girl who had on the skin tight leggings and heels. Then here I come with a box full of things in my hand and and he didn't even part his lips to ask what floor I was going to. I can laugh about it now, but that was really sad. We as a human race all do it. If you look nice or pretty you will get treated better appose to you looking dumb and ugly. If your wondering have I've learned my lesson? The answer is NO. I will continue to meet the delivery guy or pick up my mail looking a mess if I want to. I don't want a man who wants me only for my looks any way.

Dressed and ready to go handle my business. I'm back on the subway and It was crowded as hell. I usually don't go to Time Square on Saturdays afternoons just for this reason. Packed like Sardines is an under statement! I don't know if I was smelling ass or underarm. All I knew was that the smell was close to me. I was dressed up because I had an audition. Thank the Lord, I had my flats on. For the first few stops I had to stand right in front of a man. Seriously we were so smacked up against each other there ought to be a law against it. To make it worse an over weight man and his son had to squeeze by myself and another to get off at their stop. Making me press my entire front side onto the man. Had I had on my heels, I would have felt like the guy in front of me owed me $20 for the free lap dance he had just gotten out of me. There is No such thing as personal space in NYC.

Well the good thing is now there are some seats to sit in. Another man and I squeeze pass to sit down. I realize I beat out a lady for a seat. I guess a few people were eying those two seat, but hey, you have to move fast.
Sorry for your Luck!
No, I'm just playing. Well not really, but seriously the man should had offered up his seat to her. I wont say Chivalry is dead, but it's definitely on life support!

Now I'm wondering if I should have remained standing as I figure out it's the man next to me smelling like dirty, sour, sweaty, socks. I slightly lean in the other direction trying to breathe a form of better air, and it's not helping. Yes! My stop is up.

Just when you think you have seen it all, you see some more. Two young girlie girls, the prissy type, are making out in the subway with each other. There is another guy that has on a woman's, red, velveteen, catsuit. He was tall, dark, and skinny. Trust me he looked a Hot Mess! Then there was a Spanish guy holding a sign on his numbs because he didn't have any arms. I had to put some money in his bag. I think that's how they get you. If you take the time to read there sign and look at them, How dare you not put any money in the bag! It's a good plan actually and it works. His bag was filled with bills. He said something to me in Spanish, but it was more than thank you. He said a whole sentence, maybe a phrase of thanks. I hope it wasn't a curse of sorts. Okay I'm being paranoid.

All I am trying to say is that I don't need HBO On Demand or any other On Demand. I just have to walk out side. Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Girl Im feelin this blog! Very intertaining!

    But it does seem like when your "tore up from the floor up" a Fine Man or an opportunity will come your way and your like...NO! why now! But unfortunately thats life.

    Also, I feel ya on not wantin a man who only wants you for your looks b/c soon when the lust wears off...where will he be...with the next broad. And if a man "likes" you when your lookin your worst, he sholl gonna "love" you when your looking your best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your Comments Iman. Keep them comming and spread the word! By the way I totaly agree with you. Be sure to stay posted at least once a week. Untill next time;-)

    ReplyDelete