Sunday, May 30, 2010

Karaoke and Naked Men?

On Monday I went to a place called Dusk. It was karaoke night, which by the way is my new found love! Dusk was great. The song book they had were the best I had ever seen. There was something for everybody. You could choose: hip hop, R&B, soul, pop, country,TV themes, musicals even gospel. The atmosphere was right and the people had a good aura about them.

It seemed as if everyone was having a good time. Singing, drinking and making a fool or ourselves. New York is filled with so many different races and cultures. I honestly believe there are people here from every inch of the world. Which means there is a lot of interracial dating. I'm open to dating all races, but there is one thing I don't understand. When it come to the Caucasian race and myself the only kind men that try to talk to me are the dorky ones.

One of them was all over me at Karaoke. He even manage to take my shoe off and started tickling my foot...and when he pulled me on to the dance floor he put his hands around my waist and twist my hips so fast I thought I was going to upchuck. So someone tell me why I don't attract the handsome Caucasian men? Then again maybe I should give the dorky ones a chance. They always say
"what you need is the total opposite of what your looking for".

On Thursday I went out, even though my body wanted to stay in. It had been a long day. I had only gotten three hours of sleep the night before and I had to work an 11 hour shift that started at 6AM. It was so hot that Thursday afternoon that my Afro was sweating. If lack of sleep wont ware you down then heat definitely will. When I got off of work I just wanted to take a long shower, and eat the homemade pizza that I had made while watching Golden Girls. One of my girlfriends really wanted me to go hang out with her and some of our other acquaintances at Hawaiian Tropics.

It was the beginning of Fleet Week, and there were going to be a lot of sailors out and about. I told her that I had just got done cooking my homemade pizza, and I was really hungry. I told her after I ate, I would meet her there for cocktails. She told me not to do that. She didn't want me to be late. We could split and appetizer. Consequently I looked at my freshly baked pie, and I decided not to cancel on her and the group. Biggest mistake I made that week.

Dressed and ready to go. I get outside and the heat wave is gone and it is raining. "Ooooh my" for those of you who don't know. I sold my beloved car the very same day I moved to NYC. Which means I have to walk, take the bus, the subway, or a cab to get to where I want to go. You don't know how tempted I was to go right back up into my apartment and say to my home girl
"Sorry for your Luck". Instead I went back to my apartment, grab an umbrella, and trucked it to the subway station.

By the time I had made it to Time Square the rain had pretty much stopped. I walked into the restaurant. To my surprise my friend was not there yet, but everyone else was. I tried to wait on her, but I was too hungry. As I ordered of the menu I couldn't help but to think of my fresh, hot, cheesy, pizza that I had passed up at home because my friend didn't want me to be late. Subsequently, now I have to spend my money on some food, that I didn't even want. Although the boneless buffalo wings did look appealing. The food was really good, but left me entirely wanting more to eat, not full filling in the least. I cold have ordered some fries to go with my meal to fill me up, but I didn't want to spend $7 on a side of fries, when I have a whole bag of potatoes sitting in the fridge. Don't get me wrong. I love to go out and eat. The point of it, is to order something you would not normally make your self! By the time my home girl showed up. I had eaten and finished off my cocktail. It was cool though. The company was good and the atmosphere was spacey. Not to mention the nice jazz band.

The night was coming to an end and I was ready to go home. That's when one of the other girls suggested we all go to Webster Hall because they were going to have male strippers there, and since it was ladies night we would get in free.
Happily 4 out of 8 of us hopped on the subway to Union Square and went to the Infamous Webster Hall that is known for holding up to 3000 people at a time with four different levels. I personally couldn't wait to see Dick, Ball, and Harry! As we got into a long line out side the building two girls begin talking to us. They were obviously drunk. They told us how the had been at the club earlier but it wasn't jumping. They left to go do something else, and then they went home to change their appearance so they could get back in. Apparently the club only lets you in once a night.

See part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment