Tuesday, April 27, 2010

8o's/90's Party

I went to a tavern this past Saturday for an 80's/90's party. The atmosphere was pretty cool. It wasn't to big, but yet not small. I was told that during the day the tavern runs as an restaurant. The DJ was playing all the hits up stairs, and down stairs was a live band. They didn't sound as good as the DJ, so I stayed up stairs.

FYI. I am stuck in the 90's. I love the music of that time frame and the eras before. Music now days just doesn't add up. Furthermore no one was dancing. Everyone seemed to be drinking and/or talking. Happily I kicked off the dancing and met some cool people in doing so! One man claimed he was a photographer. I asked him if he had any pictures of his work on his phone or a business card. He showed me the most horrible picture of the sky. The sun was shinning and blocking out everything he tried to capture. "Mump" I thought. Politely he told me he would do my head shots...I think NOT!

I didn't think much of it at the time; when a lady approached me, and told me I looked like I was having too much fun. When I look back on it. I'm sure had any of my closest friends been there with me, they would have told me
"TO SIT MY BEHIND DOWN"

Picture a time when you were by yourself. Your favorite video or song came on, and what do you do? You get up and dance. Doing things you probably wouldn't try in public. Well...that was Me. I acted as if I were making my own music video. I had a blast! Apparently I was a little tipsy. Some times you don't know how tipsy you are until you go to the bathroom. If you want to know if you had too many; that trip to the restroom will tell you if you need another drink or a cab. Take note: One of the good things about New York City is public transportation! There are absolutely NO reasons to drink and drive. Take advantage of it! You could even drink on the subway, if you wanted to. Not that I'm condoning that kind of behavior....;-) Any how, I knew it was time for me chill out. That meant no more dancing, and no more cocktails. Besides I wasn't about to pay for a cab to drive me four blocks over to the subway. LMAO.

I say so long to the guys and girls that I met. One whom lives in China town and offered to give me a tour as well as go shopping together, thankfully she offered to walked with me to the subway. Honestly I couldn't remeber how to get back to it. Now walking My Dogs Were On FIRE! I don't understand why because I had on Dr. you know who gel inserts for high heels. Well...I guess that's what I get for dancing like I had lost my mind, and in some heels at that. I'm not as young as I used to be. My knee was hurting too! Note to Self: get isotoners fold up slippers to go in purse!All in all, I had a blast. I didn't want to leave. The DJ was the best I had heard in a long time. He was spinning all the right songs.

Now on the subway home, I realize that I am on the local train and it has to make a ton of stop before I reach my destination. Then I see kids fighting at the subway stop. Lawd help! "Isn't it too late for them to be out?" That was Hot Mess. I hate to see our youth act a fool like that. On another note, I cant wait to go shopping. For those who don't know, all the shopping deals are in China town!

No comments:

Post a Comment