Monday, July 19, 2010

Life, Life, Life, LIfe.

Well first let me start off by apologizing to all my readers and followers. Life has just been all together overwhelming; which you will discover in my next three post.


My mother surprised me for the Fourth of July weekend! I was supposed to have a blind date that weekend, but I had to cancel. I truly believe my mothers visit just saved me from wasting my time with another loser. Quite honestly, I love mommy and me time. Even as adults I don't think we ever out grow wanting our own special time with our parents. As a matter of fact when we get older, I think we appreciate it even more. Shopping, site seeing, bonding conversations, more shopping, a lot of walking, and of course some New York Pizza; made it an absolutely wonderful visit.


Not sure what the big deal is about NYC fireworks. I wasn't up close because the streets were packed with people. I was on 42ND street and 11Th avenue. I truly believe that there were over five million people out there. It was 9PM and 95*. I went straight home after the fireworks. To say that the subways were crowded with people would be a huge understatement. One train stopped and I decided to wait on the next one. Peoples faces were literally crushed up against the windows of the subway! I could see bodies all mixed and mangled together. Subsequently it wasn't any better on the next train. It seemed as if you were a Siamese twin conjoined by the sides to the person besides you. All while being molested by the person behind you. Truthfully in this situation, no matter how I situated myself I was going to feel hands where they shouldn't be. Consequently there was nothing I could really do about it. And where did I end up? I'm sure your asking. Well my face got stuck in front of an Mexican male. I could have poked out my lips and we would have made contact. My armpit and my backside was in front of a Caucasian male face.
"So sorry", I thought. A seat opened up and I made a quick dash for it. I guess I didn't think it through though. I should have remained standing, because now I'm the one that's smelling ass and gas:-( The smell was giving me a headache. I begin to think to myself that I should have stayed in the house. I could have just watched the fireworks on TV. At the same time it was my first 4Th of July in NYC. I would have been crazy to miss the worlds best fireworks in person. Hhmmm... Well anyhow. As I said earlier the fireworks were just the same as any other big city. I personally think its the caliber of people that make them different. I got stuck next to a Spanish family that were ooo and aahh at every single spark. The Jamaican family on the other side of me finally told them to "Shut the F**K UP"; which was funny as hell! I literally LOL!


The next day I went to the African Market to make an exchange on item that I had gotten over the weekend. The plan was to be in and out. It was extremely hot and I wasn't feeling well. I got there at 11:30AM. I don't know how, but I ended up meeting a gentlemen that worked there. We talked for hours and before I knew it we were having dinner together. I Didn't get home til 7:30PM. I have no idea how we connected. Let alone converse for that many hours on end since we just met. Now we have now been friends almost three weeks and he tells me he loves me. Ummm..Hmm..Wellll..uuhh..hmmm.. Dang it! What are you supposed to say to a person that says they love you, and you don't feel the same way? We'll have to get back to that one.


Sadly after the holiday I got sick with the Flu and thus didn't go out that weekend. Needless to say my new friend whom I just told you about, I'll call him Bruce. He brought me orange juice and checked in on me through out the week. How sweet of him. On a serious note. I hate being sick especially in the summer. The heat makes your sickness seem three times as worse than what it is. Here in NYC I'm experiencing a heat that I've never felt before. Going down in the subway to take a train is just as bad as sitting in a sauna with all your clothes on. I'm glad that my illness only lasted a week.


I have had two weekends of low key behavior. I am back on my feet, and I'm ready to go out and let loose. Until I got punched in the face with a $600 phone bill. I could just cry. Now don't get me wrong there are actually free events a person can attend in NYC, but you are still going to want to eat, drink, or maybe even have to take a cab. Least to say I spent the weekend being a couch potato. Watching Lifetime Movie Network and catching up on my favorite soap opera. The Young and the Restlesss. Yes this was a sad sight.


Now a new week has began and I'm on my way back to St. Louis for court. Yes I said court. I want, and I need justice to prevail. Flying in the air for two hours and somewhat tired I knew I would need a drink of some sort. A side note.For the past seven months I have been finding myself attracted to Asian men; which is odd to me, because I was never attracted to them before. Don't ask me what changed, because I really don't know. As soon as they begin to serve the beverages, I told the Asian male flight attendant I would like a red wine. When I tired to pay him, he told me no and to have a nice day. In my mind I was like "for real", and then began to wonder if I was gonna get arrested when I got off the plane for not paying for my drink. Quite the contrary. He was just being nice to me. Getting ready to land and looking out the window, I feel a smile stretch across my face. I breathe a happy sigh of relief. I'm enthused and thanking GOD that I don't live in St. Louis anymore! Although it was nice to see all the green grass and trees. Not to say that New York doesn't have that. Living in the city is different though. When I need to be around pretty green grass and trees and get in touch with nature. I just go to Central Park. It is the biggest park I have ever been to in my life. I have been there over 10 times and still have not made it through the whole park!

If you want to know who your true friends are, ask them for a favor or two. My friend, will call him Kevin. He claimed he thought I was coming to St. Louis next week. He received emails, text and voice-mails confirming my exact dates. So tell me why I had to take the Metro to my destination? This opened up an opportunity for an 27 year old African American male to hit on me. He was thin, average height, medium brown complexion, and some what cute. As I was purchasing my metro ticket he came up to me and said "Excuse me, Where are you from?" I told him "New York City." He proceeded to ask me how do they dress in NYC and if I was African? I had on a Tye dye African dress with a large sun hat. I informed him that "they dress all, and which in every way in NYC, and no I wasn't African." He then continued to talk to me as I walk up to the metro with my heavy luggage in tow. NOT one time did he try to help me with my luggage. "You have got to be kidding me!" I thought. He followed me onto the metro, and sat diagonally across from me. He then tried complementing me to get my phone number. Someone PLEASE tell me what in the hell is wrong with men today? It seems none of them know how to be gentlemen anymore! Least to say he didn't get my number and I ignored him my entire trip on the metro. Honestly speaking; he still wouldn't have gotten my number even if he had helped me with my luggage, but it's the principal of the whole matter. About 10 minutes has passed and a rough looking, African American lady, who looked to be in her early to mid 20's came and sat directly across from me. She sat with her feet in the isle, so she was facing me. I could see her out of my peripheral vision and she was staring at me HARD! She made me feel really uncomfortable. She stared at me and then my luggage. I didn't know if she were trying to figure where I had come from, or is she wanted to attack me. Finally someone had to get through the isle; which forced her to turn the correct way in her seat, and yet she was still staring at me. All I could think was "Lawd Help! This is very weird."


There is much more to tell you. As I said in the beginning there will be three post in all. This one being the first one. I want to give you a clear warning the next two may be tremendously over whelming for you to handle. The topic being at the Court House which I will be leaving for shortly and of course my trip to Jamaica which takes place this weekend for my birthday. You'll get the details after I do. Have a great week readers and followers and please stay tuned for the next two post.

2 comments:

  1. girlfriend....what of the court and jamaica?...curious minds need to know...was good chatting with you the other day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, and no mam. Court in STL. Stay tune your about to get all the details.

    ReplyDelete